SpringHill Suites Columbia
The Housekeeping Manager delivers a welcome to hotel guests and leads a team to provide clean and organized guest and meeting rooms, public spaces, hallways, work and storage areas. The Manager manages, organizes and inspects the work of others.
Job duties include:
· Hires, trains, and manages the work and evaluates the performance of the housekeeping team members. Serves as a member of the hotel’s leadership team.
· Inspects guest rooms, meeting rooms, public spaces, and hallways for cleanliness and order.
· Coordinates cleaning and maintenance schedules according to guest needs, in coordination with front desk and maintenance personnel. Verifies completion of laundry and inventory restocking.
· Trains and coaches housekeeping staff in specific cleaning and room placement job tasks and in completion of daily schedules. Conducts new employee training.
· Manages the labor costs within budget standards and staffing guidelines for rooms sold.
· Follows facility safety and security guidelines, ensures key control, emergency response, safe chemical handling and proper chemical usage by housekeeping team members.
· Manages supply inventory and monitors storage procedures and Housekeeper / House Attendant cart arrangements. Ensures safe chemical handling and proper chemical usage procedures.
· Develops work schedules and coordinates staff work assignments in conjunction with facility staffing guidelines.
· Conducts regular tours of work areas, reviewing housekeeping efforts of staff and checking for productivity in completion of assignments.
· Ensures that facility complies with brand quality performance standards.
· Maintains effective guest relationships. Ensures staff compliance with professional dress and grooming standards.
· Ability to work well with others.
· Strong leadership skills and work ethic.
· Must be able to communicate by reading, writing, and verbal command of English.
· Must have experience using a computer to enter and access
· Time Management capability to lead others to accomplish work within established parameters
· Customer Service focus to anticipate guest needs, greet and acknowledge guests, respond to guest requests, and ensure guest satisfaction
· Action Orientation to deliver the desired outcome – clean, organized and refreshed hotel property – through and with others
· Composure to respond calmly to unexpected changes in occupancy, scheduling, or team member attendance
117 Room Hotel
SpringHill Suites Columbia is an all-suite hotel in Columbia, MD located off Patuxent Fwy, ideal for travelers looking to stay near the Snowden Square Shopping Center, Fort Meade, or the Merriweather Post Pavilion. We offer complimentary WiFi, daily breakfast buffet, and parking with easy access to Washington, D.C. and Baltimore. Relax after a busy day in one of our spacious studio suites and unwind on the plush Marriott bedding. Our Columbia, MD hotel’s studio suites feature separated sleeping areas and living rooms that offer an ergonomic work desk, pull-out sleeper sofa, wet-bar and pantry, HDTV with premium movie and digital channels, and WiFi. Guests will enjoy the convenience of our 24-hour fitness center and business center, indoor heated pool, and flexible meeting space. The SpringHill Suites Columbia hotel is less than 15-miles from BWI airport and less than 4-miles from The Mall in Columbia and the Merriweather Post Pavilion. Book your stay today to get our best available rate!