AC Hotel Chapel Hill
214 W Rosemary Street
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
The Breakfast Host is responsible for the planning, safe preparation and service of hot and cold foods to hotel guests during early to late morning hours.
· Welcomes guests and monitors the dining area during meal time to ensure adequate supplies, that guest needs are met, and that the breakfast area supports the hotel’s overall hospitality image and objectives
· Plans breakfast menus according to brand recommendations and facility needs
· Prepares room set up and ensures cleanliness and working condition of equipment in the area
· Manages inventory of food and utensils
· Prepares daily breakfast menu of hot and cold breakfast foods
· Follows required sanitation procedures for food handling safety. Obtains and maintains any food handling certificates that may apply
· Responds promptly and appropriately to any guest questions or concerns
· Breaks down breakfast area at end of meal period, ensuring clean facility ready for next meal
· Maintains a professional and hospitable presence and appearance at all times
· Ability to pass certification tests required to meet health department and brand standards
· Ability to work well with others
· Customer Focus, including experience in anticipating guest needs and responding pleasantly and professionally in a variety of settings and situations
· Listening skills to ensure accurate understanding of guest wishes
· Composure to work effectively under pressure and to address and resolve guest problems or concerns
· Approachability to encourage effective communication with guests and fellow team members
123 Room Hotel
This 4-story, 123 room AC Hotel by Marriott is currently under construction in Chapel Hill, NC and will feature local artists and a community mural with the help from its Northside neighbors. A prominent fire pit at the corner of Church and Rosemary streets will invite pedestrians and local neighbors to stop by. The hotel bar will be open to the public and feature tapas, light fare and drinks.
The hotel is expected to open Fall of 2017.