Foodie at heart and leads the team to excellent service!
Food & Beverage Supervisor
The Food and Beverage Supervisor is responsible for executing and directing the daily Food & Beverage operations in the hotel. This includes both front of the house and back of the house functions related largely to Banquet and Catering events, with secondary focus on Breakfast and the Gallery in the evening.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Executes and oversees the setup of meeting spaces for banquet and catering events to ensure compliance with banquet event orders with optimal level of service, quality and hospitality.
- Works with and supervises kitchen staff on the timing of food preparation to ensure that meals are ready on time in accordance with specifications on the banquet event order, and are served in a visually appealing manner.
- Supervises and directs the prompt, efficient and friendly serving of all food and beverage for banquets and gallery.
- Works closely with the Sales Team to ensure clients are happy with all aspects of their events including room set up, F&B service, A/V functions and food quality.
- Meet with the clients on the day of event to review the Banquet Event Order and any changes to ensure delivery of a quality product.
- Welcomes guests and monitors the dining area during meal time to ensure adequate supplies, that guest needs are met, and supports the hotel’s overall hospitality image and objectives.
- Follows required sanitation procedures for food handling safety. Obtains and maintains any food handling certificates that may apply.
- Assists in ordering of food and beverage items as well as controlling of cost and waste. Assists with scheduling staff.
- Responds promptly and appropriately to any guest questions or concerns
- Assist in the selection, training and development of team members.
- Work quickly and independently to resolve operation issues when necessary, ensuring proper follow through with appropriate team members.
- Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the Banquet areas and equipment to protect the assets and ensure quality service.
- All associates must be professional and hospitable at all times and maintain a professional appearance
- Assists with gallery host (front desk) responsibilities as needed.
- Ability to pass certification tests required to meet health department and brand standards
- Ability to work well with others
- Customer Focus, including experience in anticipating guest needs and responding pleasantly and professionally in a variety of settings and situations
- Listening skills to ensure accurate understanding of guest wishes
- Composure to work effectively under pressure and to address and resolve guest problems or concerns
- Ability to execute food and beverage events and direct staff strategically to ensure successful events.
- Approachability to encourage effective communication with guests and fellow team members
- Knowledge of basic audiovisual equipment and procedures helpful
- Ability to bend at waist and work on knees.
- Ability to reach overhead. Ability to clean and stock shelves.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds.
- Ability to see, hear, listen and speak
- Additional Requirements Schedule with varying days and hours of work
- Other duties as assigned by supervision
Courtyard Redwood City
177 Room Hotel
Welcome to the new Courtyard by Marriott® Redwood City!
The brand new Courtyard Redwood City hotel by Marriott is centrally located off the Bayshore Freeway between South San Francisco and Palo Alto. We offer a 24-hour fitness center, 24-hour business center, a heated outdoor pool, and complimentary WiFi. Our Redwood City hotel offers easy access to Downtown and Courthouse Square, the San Carlos Airport, the Seaport Conference Center, the Port of Redwood City, and the corporate offices for companies such as Facebook, Oracle, Evernote, and DreamWorks. Guests can stretch out and relax in one of our 177 rooms or suites, all of which feature plush Marriott bedding, signature LoungeAround sofas, HD flat screen TV, dedicated work space, and a mini-fridge. Our onsite restaurant, The Bistro, offers an excellent selection of meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a specialty beverages, cocktails or Starbucks. Book the Courtyard Redwood City hotel today to enjoy our best available rates.