The Building Maintenance Tech II is a position, where you can apply the lessons learned of preventative maintenance duties and procedures, including, but not limited to completing preventive maintenance throughout the hotel, making small repairs, performing trash pick up, and unloading and storing deliveries. The Building Maintenance Tech II respond promptly to guest requests in a professional and hospitable manner while maintaining a professional appearance.
Essential Functions, Duties, Responsibilities to be performed with or without accommodation
FSD Certification Preferred. Must be capable of completing the requirements for certification of Hotel Fire Safety Director within first 6-8 months of employment. (Classes and certifications paid by employer)
- Wear provided brand-standard uniform, identification, required footwear, and protective equipment such as gloves
- Follow safe work procedures, including company key control procedures
- Performs daily duties including preventive maintenance in the following areas:
- Carpet and Tile Cleaning
- Preventative Maintenance in Guestrooms
- Ability to take Company paid Certified Pool Operator Class, and pass exam
- Follows Preventative Maintenance Plan to ensure hotel is operating at peak efficiency
- Minor HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical Repairs
- Ensures Fire Life Safety Systems are functioning and operational
- Change HVAC Filters
- Repair Locks and Doors
- Monitor kitchen and laundry equipment
- Works well within a schedule
- Effective Time Management
- Inspects and cleans up in rooms after working in them and ensures they meet Company standards
- Picks up the trash in the building and on the grounds
- Works with the Maintenance Supervisor on tasks that require 2 people
- Ensures maintenance equipment is properly functioning and maintained (Capet machine)
- Ensures that all regular maintenance items are completed
- Responds to maintenance emergencies timely
- Ensures grounds, pool, and structure are properly maintained
- Collects and removes trash both inside and outside the hotel
- Sweeps and cleans sidewalks and stairs as needed. (Trash and weather related)
- Clears debris from parking lot, landscaping, and dumpster area daily
- Paints walls, ceilings, doors and window trim as needed
- Ensures Guest Laundry washers, dryers, vending machines and common areas are cleaned twice daily
- Adheres to all safety and security guidelines regarding equipment safety, guest safety and safe chemical handling procedures
Skill, Experience, and Competency Requirements
- Currently working as a Building Maintenance Tech I for at least 1 year, or at least 1-2 years’ experience in a related field.
- Proficient knowledge of hand tools
- Proficient knowledge of maintenance
- Ability to work well with others in a guest and team-focused environment
- Time Management capability to accomplish work within established parameters
- Customer Service focus to anticipate guest needs, greet and acknowledge guests, respond to guest requests, and ensure guest satisfaction
- Perseverance to complete work efficiently with attention to quality and detail
- Action Orientation to deliver the desired outcome
Physical and Intellectual Requirements
- Ability to bend at waist and work on knees.
- Ability to reach over head.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to work outside in hot or cold weather.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Ability to push or pull cleaning equipment for extended periods of time
- Ability to read and communicate chemical labels and safety procedures
- Ability to enter information into online systems.
- Ability to use a smart device or computer
- Ability to comply with facility, guest, and personal safety procedures
Schedule with varying days and hours of work, weekends and holidays
Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station
239 Room Hotel
Midtown West NYC – Penn Station & Madison Sq. Garden Hotel
The Fairfield Inn and Suites New York Midtown Manhattan hotel offers guests a true Big Apple experience from a convenient location near Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. Travelers looking for midtown hotels in NYC will enjoy the free daily breakfast buffet, free WiFi, spacious accommodations, as well as easy access to attractions such as the Empire State Building, Herald Square, Macy’s, The Javits Center, the High Line Park, and Times Square. Guests at our Penn Station hotel will enjoy our spacious rooms and suites, plush Marriott bedding, in-suite amenities, and south-facing views of the New York skyline. Business and leisure visitors will appreciate our location near multiple companies and conference venues in combination with our range of superior guest services and features, including our chic roof-top bar, outdoor patio, the 24-hour fitness center, and a 24-hour business center. Book your stay now for exclusive deals and offers!