Hilton Garden Inn Sunnyvale
General Manager for a New Property! Hilton Garden Inn Sunnyvale, California
This General Manager opportunity is perfect for a successful hospitality manager ready to join an award-winning team, delivering superior guest service as part of a rapidly growing company. The General Manager will lead an experienced staff and an engaged hotel team in providing hospitality to guests in a clean, safe, and properly maintained hotel. The GM operates the property as a profitable enterprise, leading the staff as manager, coach and trainer in the proper execution of Front Desk, Housekeeping, Laundry, Facility and Guest Service standards. The GM will lead the team to accomplish financial and operational results, communicating feedback, evaluating performance, and training the team in successful operation of the hotel.
Specific Responsivities Include:
• Leads the property in generation of revenue through sales and marketing efforts at the property level and in coordination with company and external brand resources, participating in sales calls and site visits in a revenue leadership role
• Maintains strong knowledge of and relationships in the local market, including demand generators, competitor strategies, and community impact opportunities. Manages relationships with hotel vendors, negotiating service agreements as appropriate
• Reviews financial reports and statements to understand property’s performance versus budget and expenses. Works to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve performance
• Coaches and supports hotel team to effectively manage occupancy and rates, wages and controllable expenses. Strives accomplish financial goals simultaneously with superior guest and team member satisfaction.
• Manages costs within the hotel, including supplies, utilities, labor expenses to within budgeted parameters, combining with sales/revenue acumen to deliver an efficient and profitable operation.
• Hires team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Supports the team’s skill proficiency and professional development through appropriate training and feedback. Ensures service, technical skills and other training occurs throughout the property to support successful daily operations.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and team members; Fosters team member commitment to providing exceptional service
• Demonstrates and communicates drivers of guest satisfaction; ensures core elements of service strategy are in place to produce the desired results
• Is highly visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels, and overall satisfaction
• Analyzes any service issues and identifies trends. Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results
• Ensures that building is well maintained and that operational areas have an atmosphere that meets or exceeds guest expectations
• Inspires and motivates teams to achieve operational excellence; Makes key decisions, removes obstacles to success, and ensures adequate resources are available to achieve business results
• Creates a synergistic team and work environment that consistently delivers positive results and continuously strives to improve these results
• Ensures property is a safe and secure facility for guests and team members
Committed to excellence in both hotel development and management, OTO Development leads the lodging industry with a robust portfolio (and pipeline) of upscale select-service hotels with Hilton, Hyatt and Marriott brands. Further defined by entrepreneurial leadership, a skilled team of professionals, and the relentless pursuit of improvement, OTO excels in responsible growth and award-winning service. A highly rewarding workplace, OTO is currently in its fourth consecutive year as one of Inc. 5000’s fastest-growing companies in the U.S.
OTO's mission is to create long-lasting value for each property we build, each community we touch, and each individual we recruit. The investment we make in each employee is reflected in our strong belief in promotion from within. Continuing education & career development opportunities are prevalent; our company culture is one of integrity, respect, and hard work.
238 Room Hotel
We started construction in November of 2017 on the 238-room Hilton Garden Inn Sunnyvale on a prominent location proximate to major global technology companies such as Juniper Networks, LinkedIn, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Apple, HP, NetApp, Synopsis, Lockheed Martin, and Northrup Grumman. In addition to the great depth and variety of the existing office environment, eight million sq. ft. of new office development is proposed or under construction within two miles of the site. The hotel will have over 3,000 sq. ft. of contiguous event space and a high-quality restaurant and bar. The hotel will open in late 2019.
OTO Development is an Equal Opportunity Employer.